By Ernest T. Abdel-Massih
It is a dictionary in 4 components: (1) alphabetical directory of Tamazight-English; (2) alphabetical directory of English-Tamazight; (3) alphabetically prepared cultural different types; (4) linguistic lexicon containing listings in response to notice foundation and grammatical different types. Over 10,000 entries.
Read or Download A Computerized Lexicon of Tamazight: Berber Dialect of Ayt Seghrouchen PDF
Similar foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
Georgian has occasionally been defined as a language that's 'totally irregular', the place the notions of 'subject', 'object' and 'indirect item' haven't any relevance. even though it is frequently pointed out in paintings on common linguistics, language universals and language typology, no systematic account of the syntax of this morphologically advanced language has been to be had for Western linguists.
No matter if you don't like crossword puzzles, you'll turn out loving those. Designed for mother-tongue or thoroughly fluent audio system of Spanish eager to enhance their English abilities, the puzzles can also be pleasing to English audio system. they're formatted in order that each one puzzle might be solved in 15 to half-hour.
This stimulating new booklet, which mixes dictionary learn and linguistic wisdom, analyses the illustration of which means in enterprise dictionaries from a pedagogical point of view. via reading intimately the macrostructure, mediostructure, entry constitution and microstructure of 8 enterprise dictionaries, this ebook offers attention-grabbing findings on how the dictionaries studied signify the 'noun-term', and on how they take care of the foundations of latest lexicography that goals at fixing the wishes of a selected kind of consumer with particular varieties of difficulties with regards to a selected form of person scenario.
- Etymological Dictionary of the Kartvelian Languages
- A reference grammar of Korean
- Greek: An Essential Grammar of the Modern Language (Essential Grammars)
- Japanese for Busy People (Kana version) Vol. II
Extra info for A Computerized Lexicon of Tamazight: Berber Dialect of Ayt Seghrouchen
4) after this e. We shall call these stems Q-stems, and write their final ‘tight lid’ as Q when giving their stems in the vocabularies. When a ‘tight-lid’ suffix is added, the sequence eQ is read as ee. Consonant compression and decompression occur exactly as in the X-stems. Compare the forms (once again, compressed consonants are in italics): English shore sN sG Stem wrist custom need ranta ranne tapa ranna | n rantee | n tava | n ranta ranteQ tapa war rain tarve sota sade tarpee | n soda | n satee | n tarpeQ sota sateQ Here are a few more very common Q-stems: huoneQ kirjeQ aineQ esineQ koneQ kappaleQ virheQ osoitteQ alueQ raiteQ room letter substance; essay object machine unit mistake address (and so, perfectly regularly, citation form osoite, genitive osoittee | n) region (and so: raide, raitee | n) railroad track 34 Unit 2: Ei, kiitos!
To say things like ‘I’ll pay the bill’ or ‘I’ll drink some coffee’ in Finnish, you have to know how to form the direct object (see the Glossary of grammatical terms at the back of this book if you’re feeling shaky about what that might be). In the first example, you put the word for ‘bill’, lasku, into the genitive: lasku | n. 35 Unit 2: No thanks! But the genitive will not do for the second example. This is because ‘some coffee’ refers to a vague amount of coffee, not a known, specific, finite, definite portion; and it is definite direct objects that the genitive marks.
Don’t forget to harmonize your vowels and to compress your consonants, as appropriate! Unit 1: Making contact Reading Try to understand as much of these short snippets of Finnish as you can without peeking at the glossary at the back of the book. The only new words are ja ‘and’ and mutta ‘but’. 1 Pekka on suomalainen. Se on insinööri. Pekan ystävä, Jeanne, on pianisti. Jeanne on Belgiasta kotoisin. 2 Hyvää päivää! Mä olen Jorge Rodriguez. Hyvää päivää! Satu Pennanen. Hauska tutustua. Hauska tutustua.